Teens and Sex | Teen Ink

Teens and Sex

By BellaLuna1 BRONZE, Ozone Park, New York
BellaLuna1 BRONZE, Ozone Park, New York

It can be very confusing. Teens get so many mixed messages from friends, parents, teachers, and the media. Everyone has a different opinion and as you become a teenager you think about these things. Do you want to save yourself for marriage or not? What is the point of saving yourself for marriage? Don’t you want to live a little and experience some things as a teen? Can you answer these? I cant I was thinking about it yesterday and I really don’t know what I want! Which to me is a sign that now or any time soon is not want I want because I am not ready and I do not want to regret it.
1. Should you wait until marriage?
2. Why would I wait until marriage?
3. But “everyone” is doing it
4.Do you want to experience life and make mistakes?

Here are my answers and I think it would be great if you answered them to.

1. Should I? I do not know, I do believe when the time comes WILL know and there will be no confusion on what I want. No I do not believe it is important to save yourself but it is not a bad thing if you do. I might and I might not. I don’t know how I will feel or when I will be less confused about this. So I do not believe in saving yourself for marriage but I might do it I might not.
2. If I waited it was because I wanted to feel secure and know that it was right. I wanted to make sure I was not going to regret what I did. It is something special you share with someone you love not someone you THINK you love or just something to get over with.
3. Well if I heard this my response would be “First off my name is not everyone my name is Samii and second why be like everyone else? I lie being different if you haven’t noticed and I would like to stand out and not be another face.”
4. Yes I want to experience life. No one wants to make mistakes we just do. So this is something I would not want to make a mistake with. This is something I want to be sure of. Children come from making mistakes (CHILDREN ARE NOT NOT NOT Mistakes!) disease comes from making mistakes. A lot of things come from making mistakes.

Answering these questions helps me see my thoughts clearly. I think it will help you (I do not expect your answers to match mine as I stated I am NOT into being another face) who agrees with me that it is so confusing and you really need to think about it for yourselves and forget what your friends tell you? It is your life. Live it how you want.

I was thinking about this the other night and it had been bothering me so i wrote that always helps clear m mind. Please send comments. This is my honest opion and i would love feedback. If you feel comfortable enough to send answers to qustions i would love to see them but dont if you want them private. .

Sparaxis GOLD said...
Sparaxis GOLD, Saint Marys, Georgia

"If you keep on picking on me, I'll mess up again. This time, on PURPOSE."

Children are not mistakes? How can you be sure?

darth said...
Marriages are not eternal, there is no guarantee he or she won't cheat or change after getting married. There are also no princes on white unicorns in this world, so saving Ur virginity for one will end in rage/ cry posts on 9gag (after realizing being delusional for past 10 years and missing all the fun in high school and college). Also how do You know You will enjoy the partner when You do no try it before the formalities? Might end being a huge disapointment and ruin the marriage in long term. Better break up after few weeks (gain experience) than after few years, sueing each other in court who takes the summer house or the (traumatized by divorce) kids.

sonJaNae said...
sonJaNae, Fort Wainwright, Alaska

"No one can change a person, but someone can be a person's reason to change" -Spongebob Squarepants

This is really good, and we have pretty much the same view on this topic. I was raised with super strict "Chistian" (oh looks like I misspelled hypocrtical) parents. It was always pounded into my head to save myself for marriage. I'm still undecided on whether I will or not, but I know that until I am 100% sure on my decisions concerning this, it wouldn't be wise to jump into anything I could regret. You pretty much stated exactly what I believe when you basically stated that if you're unsure about it then it's most likely not the right decision. Very wel written, good job :)

ClarinetPower SILVER, Macomb, Michigan
this is my personal opinion, but make sure you are ready before you act. I have a few people I know who have already done it, and know regret it.

ClarinetPower SILVER, Macomb, Michigan
I am planning on saving myself until marriage because I will know for sure that person is committed to me. I would not want to give myself to a boyfriend, only for us to break up a few weeks later.

I just posted a comment but it didn't show up...ah, f**k it (pun intended)

clarinetlove BRONZE, Monaca, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
love wish i read it b4 i made that mistake

jazzyt95 SILVER, Ozone Park, New York

"i want a relationship i can finally sink my teeth into" quote by Alexander Sterling

I would NEVER and I do too l.u.r.v.e. you!!!

jazzyt95 SILVER, Ozone Park, New York

hey your articles ROCK love ya sami!

VioletsandVoice, Spiritwood, North Dakota
first off, great article and i agree with u. secondly, i was reading gucci capris and holister tees and u metioned in the comments section that you had done something on the subject of not being normal. i looked for it but didnt see it. did missunderstand your comment?

Zephyrine said...
Zephyrine, Sterling, Illinois

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
(Maria Robinson)

I have thought about these a lot n I totally agree 100%

Carolina SILVER, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Personally I will wait until marriage.

ORVasquez96 BRONZE, Lyons, Colorado
hi!! thanx 4 commenting!! yeah i think im gonna do that to az soon az i move out of my house!!! anywayyy.. i really likethis its sooo true!!!

islandlakatu SILVER, New London, Connecticut
I like this a lot; That is so true and I like your opinion on it I 100% agree with you. The right time will come and you shouldn't be pressured to do anything you don't want. When it happens you'll know it. But really, great job.