SHOULD TEENS GETTING TESTED FOR AIDS BE MANDITORY? | Teen Ink

SHOULD TEENS GETTING TESTED FOR AIDS BE MANDITORY?

By chisom1 BRONZE, Jersey City, New Jersey
chisom1 BRONZE, Jersey City, New Jersey

OMG!

Aids is a virus, a growing epidemic and unlike a bacterial infection, it cannot be cured with antibiotics. In the early days of aids, some saw it as an early
sentence. Though it may not be curable, it’s treatable. If ually active one should get tested at least once a month especially teenagers. Having
might be one of the things some teens see as a must or just a way to feel wanted by another . Some
s if questioned whether their child is ually active, might say, “No! I don’t want him/her to get tested ,because he/she isn’t having .” In their child’s mind, it’s otherwise.
If made mandatory the teenagers whom become aware of it and are smart enough will take advantage. They’ll inform others and whatever the outcome of ones test, ( whether good or bad), will be a lesson learned to the other. Due to the ignorance some parents, they fails to know their child’s whereabouts at night, sometimes they are the cause some teens get involved in having . They think since their mother or father knows their with their friend they can do as they please.

In many High Schools there are health classes. The teacher takes time to talk about topics such as , physical attraction, emotions, HIV/AIDS and other things that happens in a teenagers life. Sometimes they even give out
s at the end of their classes just so to remind their students both those whom take the advice of staying abstinent it’s also good to stay protected . Every state should be aware of what its youths are capable of doing. Teenagers are at high risk of contracting aids today. According to Muskegon Chronicle from mlive.com, “The number of HIV/ AIDS cases among teenagers showed a significant increase. The rate of new diagnoses among the ages, 13- to 19-year-olds more than doubled between 2003 and 2007.” This is a trend that is occurring nation wide as well, and broadcasts should be made all over televisions and radio frequencies for teens to come get tested for free!

Lastly in many High Schools there are health classes. The teacher talks about topics such as , physical attraction, emotions, HIV/AIDS and other ually transmitted diseases. Sometimes they even give out
s at the end of their classes just so to remind their students both those whom take the advice of staying abstinent it’s also good to stay protected . Every state should be aware of what its youths are capable of doing. Teenagers are at high risk of contracting aids today. In conclusion, teens getting tested will bring change to communities all over. I say this because it will become a way of self assurance for teens that are ually active, but most importantly to prevent it’s spread from one to another. It’s good to stay protected though at times it may not work. Time shouldn’t be wasted; it’s better safe than sorry.