Cigarettes | Teen Ink

Cigarettes

Once I dreamt that my friends were pressuring me to do something I would really regret. So I went to my friend Maria’s house. Maria has a brother named Sal. Sal and his friends were smoking and watching a movie, but Maria decided that she wanted to see that movie real bad so we went and had a seat. Mark kept asking Maria to try a cigarette and everyone was screaming, “Try it, try it”, so eventually Maria took the cigarette and started to smoke. I got nervous that they were going to ask me. Everyone started to clap because she did it, so Mark said, “Elmira smoke this cigarette,” and I did it.
Then I started to smoke. I gave my friend Sal $10 to buy me cigarettes and it became an every week routine. A year later it started to get harder and harder for me to breathe so my mother thought it would be a good idea to go visit a doctor, but I was worried because my parents would never even think about me smoking. So, I saw the doctor and my results came back. I was diagnosed with asthma. Then I screamed and woke up from my nightmare