Babies with Babies | Teen Ink

Babies with Babies

By CMW709 SILVER, Plaquemine, Louisiana
CMW709 SILVER, Plaquemine, Louisiana

Don't have a cow, just eat the burger.

TEENAGE PREGNANCY. We see it around, and we even see it happening to the ones we love. Teen pregnancy is not a good choice. Many teens aren’t aware of the consequences of getting pregnant at a young age. Teen pregnancy costs the United States $7 billion a year. Being pregnant is not cute. Who wants to be cruising through the mall looking for a new halter-top with a 3-month-old baby on their hip? Sexy or not? What will they choose?

Many girls aren’t thinking this through. Basically what most are thinking is that babies are small, cuddly and cute. They don’t stay that way forever. Eventually babies have to grow up. Some are even doing it to get back at their parents. Ok, well maybe I watch a little too much “Maury,” but it’s still true. Babies aren’t the solution to a problem. I’ve heard a few girls say, “If I have a baby, it will change me,” or “having a baby will make my boyfriend stay with me.” After saying all of this, they never change; they still go out and party, which is probably how they got the baby in the first place. Sometimes the guy doesn’t even stay with the girl after he finds out she’s pregnant. Harsh right?

Newsflash to all teens. If they aren’t capable of supporting a baby, don’t lie down and make it. Having a baby is a major deal. Not only is it being brought into this world, but also there has to be a way for a young couple to provide for it. Some kids have their parents to help out, while others have to quit school and get jobs. If teenage parents have to quit school, that puts a hold on their education, putting a hold on them from finding a good job to support the baby. These are subjects that should be thought about and reviewed carefully.

Teenage pregnancy is becoming more common in today’s time. Teenage pregnancy sometime occurs when teens think sex is the only way to get rid of their problems. Some pregnancies even come from sneaking around and not using protection. Others are doing it just for the fun of it. Some even believe it makes them popular. Let’s see how popular a girl looks with a big hump in her belly. If sex is the only way a person believes they can be popular; well that kind of popularity is not the type they should be seeking. Sometimes it can be a life changing experience, or it can be a huge regret. Many teens are choosing to not be abstinent, but if they are going to have sex, at least have safe sex; no one wants to put himself or herself at risk of getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant. Before considering having a baby take the time to think, and ask these questions; “Am I ready for this?” “Can I handle the responsibility?”

74Kjj BRONZE said...
74Kjj BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
I really feel the words of your article. They jump off of the page telling the truths about the world. I have also seen many teens under the age of 19 with more than one child. I shake my head when I see suck a young person who hasn't experienced life, but has two kids already. I think this work would be better if you shared your thoughts with the world. I like the line "having a baby is a major deal,"(l.16) it shows that you do not agree with this by being sarcastic.

74Kjj BRONZE said...
74Kjj BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
I really feel the words of your article. They jump off of the page telling the truths about the world. I have also seen many teens under the age of 19 with more than one child. I shake my head when I see suck a young person who hasn't experienced life, but has two kids already. I think this work would be better if you shared your thoughts with the world.