Skatind disaster | Teen Ink

Skatind disaster

October 29, 2008
By Anonymous

Usually when people fall down or trip it is because there is a reason. When I fall I usually fall because I’m clumsy. In this instance, I fell because I’m dumb.

It all started when my friends and I decided to go ice skating. It was one of my first times ice skating, so I was a little nervous. We were just getting on the ice and I was feeling good. We were doing a couple little tricks and my friends kept falling, but I never did. I kept making fun of them.

Later that day it got really cold, so we went to get hot cocoa. Well, me being clumsy, I spilt hot cocoa all over myself. That was embarrassing enough, but it got worse.

When we finally decided to get back on the ice, a little girl asked us to show her some tricks. So, we said, “Okay.” We did some tricks; then the little girl went and got a bunch of her friends to watch us. So, we were doing our tricks; then I shouted, “I’m good at everything!” Right as I was saying that, I fell right on my face. If that wasn’t enough, I had ice crystals all over my lap where I had spilt hot cocoa. Of course I didn’t notice, and nobody told me, so I kept on skating. And to make it even worse, three cute guys came and started to laugh at me! I had no idea why they were laughing. One of the guys came up to me and asked, “Someone have an accident?”

I looked down and saw the ice crystals. It was so embarrassing! I wiped them off, but it was all wet where they had been. So I went inside and tried to dry it up with some napkins. By the time I finally got it dry, it was time to go home!