Gubernational Candidate, Stacey Abrams | Teen Ink

Gubernational Candidate, Stacey Abrams

January 10, 2019
By studs SILVER, Ayersville, Ohio
studs SILVER, Ayersville, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titled Gubernational Candidate, Stacey Abrams, written by Anudeepa Ramachandiran, talks about Stacey Abrams in politics, and what she'll do to push her ideas after losing the governor midterm in Georgia. This writing left me feeling reasonable because I do not associate with her party. I did think there were some good things said in this interview thought. The governor nominee from Georgia is the first black woman to win the nomination for the election against Brain Kemp. She lost in a very close election. Although it doesn’t affect me I thought it was important to know all the people on the ballot for this past midterm election in November of 2018.Personally, I didn't think she was the best choice for all of Georgia, but she has some positives. I agreed with her stance on protecting victims of sex and human trafficking. She wanted harsher punishments against the people who committed these horrible crimes. In her interview it says, “I have a longstanding record of protecting Georgia's children, and I have always been a strong supporter of survivors of sexual assault an abuse." She also wanted to have rescued victims to get quality help with this traumatic experience. She says,"...to build on their ongoing outreach, education, treatment, and coordination efforts that support survivors and hold perpetrators accountable." Although I don't know how their state currently handles the problem I know our state has recently given justice to a young woman who was brutally murdered and raped in cold blood.