Feedback on | Teen Ink

Feedback on

March 27, 2019
By David19 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
David19 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The author, Sarah Clemens writes a point of view story about how this generation is different. For example, she gives an experience about how she had a drill at school and the procedure if there was a school shooter. The point that she is trying to get across in her article is that this generation is prepared for events like school shootings. She thinks that the reason teens do things like Juul is since they don't think they will live for very long. There are always constant events like shootings and bad things happening. 

I really like this article. I have never really thought of an actual school shooting at my school. When we have lockdown drills, most of us do not really take it seriously since we don't think the chance of a school shooter is very high. However, after reading Clemens's writing, it gave me a new and better perspective: all things are possible. When she talked about how teens turned to things like Juul because they thought they wouldn't last on the Earth very long is also a new view for me. I always thought they did it to be "cool" but I was surprised about Clemens's. Thank you for giving me a new perspective on school lockdown drills, and why some teens Juul.