How Long Submissions Take to be Approved | Teen Ink

How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

If something has innapropriate content it will be rejected. Teen Ink the website still must remain in control and know what is on their site.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Not everything. If something has innapropriate content it will be rejected. And plus, Teen Ink the website still must remain in control and know what is on their site. I'm sure a lot more innapropriate articles and art are rejected than you realize. :/

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

It has to be approved for inappropriate content and you can check if it was not approved by going to "My Work" and if it is no longer in the shaded in section at the top and if it has not been posted, then it was rejected.

xoxbegurl01xox SILVER, Spokane, Washington

"life isn't measure by how many breaths we take...it's measured by how many moments take our breath away"

i think that it takes so long to be posted because if you think about it they have so many people on this website posting all their creations at the same time online.  so it will probably take a while for whoever is approving it.  all it takes is some pactince. 

BlackScarlett SILVER, Hanson, Massachusetts

"Character cannot be develped in ease and quiet. Only through expeerience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition insoired and succes achieved." -Helen Keller

yeah i only post peoms its been at least a month since ive sent in my work and it hasn't been posted. I't nothing inappropriate or n/e thing it just about nature. It irks me.

Navy_Baby011 GOLD, Lithonia, Georgia

"A woman can't teach a man how to be a man, he has to learn on his own"
"A pupil who is truly ready, his teacher will appear before him"

i agree, it took mines almost a month or two just to be posted on here and that was just one of my works.

jlw11 SILVER said...
jlw11 SILVER, Fayette, Alabama

"The only things in life you regret, are the risks that you never take."

I agree completely!!! Our work should be published almost immediately. I mean, they do have a right to view to make sure there are not threats and stuff like that. But we also have a right to write about whatever we please. It may seem inappropriate to them, but to us it may be relevant. Bottom line: our work is important to us, and no matter what is in it, it deserves to be published on the site.

anqeleadbby BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming

it could be innapropriate. Im still waiting for mine to be approved too, it has to do with addiction, but i think it may be too graphic.

ChekaRenee23 BRONZE, Modesto, California

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

They own your words of the piece(s) that you send them. You could still send the same piece(s) to other publishing places though.

LittleRedWritingHood, Nfdslf, Hawaii
Well, I once wrote an article on a.bortion, and I didn't receive a letter saying that it wasn't accepted. Instead, it was never put on the site, and it vanished from the "My Work" column. I guess some things just aren't put on here. They probably want to approve it to make sure that it is appropriate enough.

FeedTheBirds SILVER, San Diego, California
Also, poetry is easily submitted in bulk. If everyone here (7000 members about) submits ten poems of various lengths and Teen Ink has 10 poetry readers/editors - that's a lot of manpower for ONE section. (And if you submit even one poem a day - that adds up).

Josey Rae said...
Thank you! Wish my articles luck then! Maybe they'll get on the website soon...

casey261 GOLD said...
casey261 GOLD, Hainesport, New Jersey

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Almost anything is published to the site. Most things are never in the magazine unless they are really good.

Josey Rae said...
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO confused!If you send an article to the magazine, will it get up onto the website even if it doesn't get into the magazine?

Josey Rae said...
I sent two fiction articles four months ago to the magazine, and still have heard nothing back from them.  :(

StormyNight said...
StormyNight, Yucaipa, California

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die!

Same with me.. my first day post still hasn't gone up. And woah, months? Wow, I agree with casey216, teenink could be a lot better.

Safeleo said...
Safeleo, Iwakuni, Other

"Looking up into the night sky is like looking into infinity - the distance is incomprehensible and therefore meaningless."
-Douglas Adams

Grammar and spelling arn't my strong point. I just write. sorry.

NotForSqaures SILVER, Flower Mound, Texas

"It's better to be hated for who you are than liked for who you're not" -Not Sure

While reviewing your article's grammar, I became embarrassed by the flaws. tehe

I hate to say it, but you spelled article wrong twice... and grammar...and reviewing...and embarrassed. 

annkaykay2011 DIAMOND, Lansing, Michigan

"I am who I am, sorry, no changes."

Ive noticved the photos go up quicker than the articles do. The rest depends on the material, section & length, as Ive seen so far anyways. Ive had one poems take close to a year to post. O.O One of my essays " Love has no Gender" took a week to be up & that surprised me actually.