The Train That Runs On Time | Teen Ink

The Train That Runs On Time

January 5, 2016
By hashtagmarshmallow SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
hashtagmarshmallow SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Mistakes are pinful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience"


     When I started to read "The Train That Runs On Time" by E. Michelle Ludwig my whole view point of a simple train ride changed. When I go on the train, I sit down and get off and my stop. I don't usually talk to anyone unless I'm riding with my friends. In this story we tell right away that Petula is very open. She had no problem talking to Horace. We also learn that Horace isn't much of a talker. He sits down just waiting for his stop.

     This story started off normal but took a turn in the end. There was trouble with the train and it ended up going out of control. Petula was thrown to the floor and was not moving. We figured after what just happened that whole train ride that Horace would try to save her, but he doesn't. He simply checks his watch for the time. This changes everything about my views on people. They were bonding one minute and the next she's unconscious on the floor.

     This is relatable to people who take the train daily. They know everytime they step foot in to a train, they run the risk of an accident happen. It's scary when there's a chance of an accident, but hope that you don't have people like Horace on your train.