Racism | Teen Ink

Racism

By MauriceWoodton BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
MauriceWoodton BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Dear President Donald Trump:

You may not be aware - but racism is terrible - we need to team together to stop this NOW! Just think of our children's future, do we really want them to be picked on during the school day because of their skin color? I don’t think so. If you do want this to happen to our children, then why are you even president? Presidents are supposed to protect America, not squander it.

Let's just take a moment to realize how much racism happens today. For example, the Baltimore shootings, and 987 people have been killed by police officers in the past year. It to most teenagers that no one has done anything about it at all; they just forget the number of people we lost during the years; nine hundred eighty- seven people have been killed by police officers.

Furthermore, there will be many parents coming to school to speak to the principals asking why their child is being harassed. This could also cause more school shootings in our nation – so, let's stop this ridiculousness. right now, and let's all be a great huge family! The percentage of suicidal missions have increased to children in middle/high schools. In other words, racism won't solve absolutely no problems. I feel that people are going to start staying in their house until this nonsense is over. We need to team together to stop this NOW! Together we can stop racism once and for all! It is important for America to live up to their creed; all men are created equal.

Sincerely,

Maurice W.