It's Not Right | Teen Ink

It's Not Right

By Inspirations101 BRONZE, South Euclid, Ohio
Inspirations101 BRONZE, South Euclid, Ohio

Is it because of my color that i’m considered worthless? Is it because of the color on my skin why i’m treated different from the others. I wonder why the color of my skin defines me. Why can’t we all just be equal? Whether I am black or white, I should be respected. The first thing people see about me is my color, which bases their views on me. Is it because I am black that I don’t deserve love? Is because I am black that you think you can run over me? I didn’t choose my skin complexion. Honestly, I love the skin I am in and I will never wish to change it. If I were white would you love me? If I were white would you spare my life and allow me a chance in living? Would you allow me to see sixteen, eighteen or even twenty one? If I were to fall in love with a white man would you try to harm me? Will you call me names, whisper and stare. Is it because I am black that gives you a right to shoot me? Does it give you a right to beat my brothers up on the street. To pull guns out on them until you see them bleed.

Racism is still a big thing in the world. It's not fair to be treated differently because of the color that is on my skin because at the end of the day we all bleed the same.