To the lost | Teen Ink

To the lost

By kendal_kelly SILVER, Austin, Texas
kendal_kelly SILVER, Austin, Texas

It doesn't matter who you are it only matters what you do -sam winchester

To the victims, 

It was not fair. You did not deserve that pain. That fear. The trama growing in you… it will release. He is gone. It's gone. While you will forever be mentally wounded. It was not fair for it to happen to you. Sometimes you might think why me? It's hard to believe there are some people in this world who witch all they want to do is inflict pain. And it's not fair. That you had to live through that trauma while others sat safely in their homes. The pain flooded your veins. And it's okay. It's not gonna feel like it for a long time… But it will get there. I truly don't understand. No one will fully understand your pain. But let us try. Don't hide away. Please… I can't imagine the pain. The blood-defying shot just echoes in your brain. Laying feeling helpless. Its cruel. Sometimes that's how it is. You will grow upon this. You can move on. I'm sorry for your suffering.

To the dead victim's families, 

It was never fair. To lose someone you knew. Someone you loved. Just for one man's satisfaction. I can't even imagine the grief your going through. But it's not your fault. There are some very mentally ill people in this world. And sometimes they take things from you. Things you can't get back. And it sucks… Sometimes life just sucks. A feeling of a bullet sinking into your skin, that's unforgettable. For One of doesn't know can't even begin to imagin your pain. I can't say I  know how it feels. Cause I don't. But I know how it feels to be scared. Feeling helpless. You just have to stand back up. No matter how hard it is. I used to believe there was a reason for everything. But thats crap. So many horrible things happen in this world. Awful screams for help.  Death-defining fates. Rise out of their ashes. Learn to move on. It won't be easy. But they would want it. The world wants it. We all stand beside you in your pain. Holding you up pierced by piece. You aren't alone.

To the shooter,

I can't even begin to imagine what pain and fear you have gone through to fire that weapon. You may think the world around you is a monster. But no, you are the monster. No matter what pain anyone has inflicted. Taking one's life. Inguing peers. Their blood lies on you. You are the reason thier dead. You caused so much pain. How could you? How could you let go of that trigger? How could you run? People died people are lost because of you. It's not fair. You think you can come here and destroy people's lives! People's homes, faith.  I like to believe in the benefit of the doubt but when it comes to this I can’t even think about have anyone with any good in their heart could let go like that. Having the blood of their victims in their palms. How does it not haunt you? Every night. You took away too much from this world. You don't get to. You get no right to come here. To do this. We all have pain. But what can make you crave bloodshed so much? What can make you go through with that? I truly don't have much to say to

you. You don't deserve much. I don't care what pain or fear you have. Everyone has things. EVERYONE HAS THINGS! NOW WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT? You are forever the monster. The darkness in the shadows. You brought pain and fear to many. F you.

To my school,

How could you? Just start a day. Say nothing. Pretend. People died. People lost people. And you just go on. Pretend nothing happened. Pretend the shots were never fired. The pain was never inflicted. That is not fair. To anyone. Just start a day pretending. The shootings. They're awful. And it's such crap that you can just pretend nothing happen. Say nothing. Do you know how much fear that brought us? I have nothing more to say to you. This school is one crap show. Pretending the flaws and pain in this world doesn't exist.

This is a letter about a shooting that happened in my neighborhood