Marriage | Teen Ink

Marriage

By ElizNieves PLATINUM, Chicago, Illinois
ElizNieves PLATINUM, Chicago, Illinois

"It's funny. Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody." The Catcher in the Rye

I am currently a junior in high school. My English teacher recently assigned my class to write an essay about a social issue we are passionate about. I chose gay marriage. I am a straight Catholic, but I oppose what the Bible says about marriage. When the Bible talks about marriage, all it says is stuff about procreation. Marriage is obviously not about bearing children because lots of infertile people are happily married. Many children are born out of wedlock, too. I just want to say that I am pro same-sex marriages and people fall in love with other people regardless of gender.

SaraRoxsHerSox SILVER, McVeytown, Pennsylvania

"Brochacho!"

I agree completely

greg9381 GOLD said...
greg9381 GOLD, Atlanta, Georgia
I agree with MemoralMustangs. You made a really good point in this article and thanks for writing it.

MemorialMustangs GOLD, McAllen, Texas
There needs to be more people like you in this world
life is all about the freedom to be who you are
so i believe that people should be able to marry who ever they want
weither it be same sex or not
we should be allowed to love who ever we want
no matter what the gender

LizN11 said...
Actually, Christianity allows gay marriage. Catholicism is the one that bans it. I think the church leaders are corrupt, anyway.

L*N* said...
i believe that any one should be able to chose who they want to marrry. i have tons of gay friends and to see what they go through all the time just really makes me mad. They gett treated differently for being who they are and i don't think thats right. im Christian and even though it says not to alow gay marriage im all for it. you should be able to love who you want no matter what gender. Thats the way love is suppose to be. god bless you.