This Life | Teen Ink

This Life

October 7, 2009
By Emily Mihailescu GOLD, East Falmouth, Massachusetts
Emily Mihailescu GOLD, East Falmouth, Massachusetts
15 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Everything in life that happens occurs for a reason . Everything in life will have its season . And each of them will happen in a rhyme . The things you experience , the emotions you feel , the love you’ve come to embrace and detest , adore and despise , losses, gains, highs, lows , they may and most likely will seem pointless and cruel when gone through . They may leave you scratching your head saying “what did I do to deserve that” ? Depending on how wise you are though , you can look at things the correct way , that everything is valuable and useful no matter how bad the pain might feel . The book of occurrences stamped on your heart make for an excellent roadmap later in life . These events shape you , they mold you to become wiser , more appreciative , stronger , better . Then there is the matter of seasons . With every loss there is a gain , as is with each passing there is life . Winter always yields to spring, spring hands over matters to summer , summer offers up to fall, and fall surrenders to winter , whereupon the endless permanent cycle of things begin again . The same is true with humans . People will come into your life for different periods of time , some may last for weeks , some for days, and that special one , the one that you will spend the rest of your life with . Different seasons will signal the ebb and flow of certain people in your life . You just got to have faith in the next day , the next person , the next season . And finally , there is the rhyme . In this subject matter , there is no advice to be given . When writing a poem , one has no boundaries , no limits , no rules . This part also has no restrictions, and is left up to you to decide . Trust in hope and let fate decide , and use those important decisions you make to navigate your life towards the sunrise , a figure that determines reasons , stays through all seasons , and who has inspired many a rhyme .


The author's comments:
The random reflections of a 14 year old who by the result of observing people and there course of action , in addition to going through insecurity emotions was inspired to write this little piece .