A Turning Point in my Life | Teen Ink

A Turning Point in my Life

October 18, 2007
By Anonymous

A Turning Point in my Life

Getting my tonsils out was a big turning point in my life. It happened around the summer of my 6th grade year. I was excited to get them out because I was having too much trouble breathing and I had too much problems with sore throats in the winter.

During the process of going to getting them out I was kind of afraid because it was the first time I’ve ever gotten surgery or even been in the agnostic room. I went to the hospital at 6 am and I didn’t get out there until noon. The moment I walked into the hospital I automatically felt butterflies in my stomach and the moment I got out of the agnostic room I felt annexations to get out and go home.

When I got them out, I felt relieved that they were out but in pain because of it. The first couple days were pretty harsh because I was basically knocked out for most of the day and didn’t do anything but lie on my bed. My parents got worried that maybe I could get dehydrated or maybe get sick, so they made me get up everyday and try to eat and drink.


A couple of days later I started to fell a whole lot better. I was more active and I started to eat and drink better than I had been. But I still felt some pain because I wasn’t taken as much doses of the medicine that I was suppose to regularly.


A couple of weeks after I got my tonsils out, I was feeling like a new boy. I could sleep better, which meant that I could finally wake up early or in time for school. I could run and be active with out hesitation. I even lost a couple of pounds during the process.

I think from this moment getting my tonsils out was a turning point in my life.