Does Our Generation Have a Role in America's Future? | Teen Ink

Does Our Generation Have a Role in America's Future?

By gabee_p SILVER, MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas
gabee_p SILVER, MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas

I have a voice in America’s future. I have a constant job in America’s growing economy, a role in America’s future. I am the stock market growing or falling with the rise and decline approaching us. I am the pedestrian walking the streets of New York City. I am the future president of the United States. I am the keeper of our prisoners, the helper of the needy. I am America, and this is my role in her future. As a soldier of war I am the savior of our cities. I am the hard worker building the future to a better demand. Safer communities and safer streets meet me here. As we build up our future gets brighter. We are the next generation of growing mothers and fathers cradling our babies, protecting their innocence. I am the hope growing, continuing forward, to a more advanced future. I am the world peace with the other countries. I am the future. I am the boaters cleaning the ocean, the dangers of disease, the help for a cure, the love of a life. This is America and I am her future. From the time we were kids to the time we were in college we grew up believing and even seeing we are America’s students. I am her follower to a greener future, the planter of future life, the builder of bigger marketing, the broadened awakening of future problems waiting to be solved. I am the enforcer of the rules. I am the militia of our country. I am her savior. I am her helping hand when all we need is love. I am her warmth when she is cold. When America is in danger I will be there to save her. I am her savior and she is my home. I am the protection in the walls of her surroundings. I am the better supporters of security in homes. I am her helper. When all we need is breath I am her life support, the future reliability of modern medicine, the cause for a cure. This is America and this is my role in her future. This is my future.

i wanted to submit this in a competition buttt i ddn't meet the requirements.

Lisa said...
Yes, isn't that the whole point? This is a form of writing, the writer knew what she was doing. She wrote wonderfully.

Phantom_Girl GOLD, Ft. Carson, Colorado

"If it comes out of the lion's mouth...it will be on the test."
-Mr. Bala

Excellent! Such beautiful poetic prose. 5 stars!

lol nice! i would copy it and hand it in but im afraid i'd have to go to washington D.C!

rockangell93 said...
This paper was put in such a simple way but proves such an amazing point, great job

APELAC said...

love your article, gave a new in site on how to right my own.

Keep up the good work

pebbles5 said...
wow.. i am doing the same report for a grade in english class and ur report helped me get an idea of how to start out my own. ur very talented with writing reports keep it up! =)

pooo said...
isn't that the whole point. some writtings are terrible with repition, but with one, it just makes it.

Obesity man said...

i am the biggest girl in the world and i like ashton

imadancer said...
this is amazing, great job!

BillieJean said...
The only problem with this is that you repeat yourself way too much. Too many I ams

Stuck said...
That was awesome, but i dont know why you posted it on the internet many kids are going to copy this and hand this in... its hard for me to even resist copying it. ITS SOOO GOOOODDDDD

liliandepp said...
Yeah, well it's brilliant. It's amazing. Sorry about the disappointment. I really do know how that feels. You totally would have won if you had needed my vote. :) Thank goodness we have some people in our generation who know what responsibilty and patriotism are really about.

gump said...
its an amazing thing u rote u definetly would have won

gabee_p SILVER said...
gabee_p SILVER, MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas
i wanted to enter this into that contest but i wasnt qualified because i just graduated! but i was for sure set on winning.. :( it just makes me sad i couldn't enter

Ryan's BEBE said...
This is amazing!!! i am entering into The VOD contest and i had no idea where to start. your passage has inspired me not only by helping me understand our roles as teens but to be more alert and more active in my school, government, and anything else i am able...THANK YOU!!!!!!!