Does Our Generation Have a Role in America's Future? | Teen Ink

Does Our Generation Have a Role in America's Future?

August 4, 2010
By gabee_p SILVER, MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas
gabee_p SILVER, MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas
6 articles 1 photo 6 comments

I have a voice in America’s future. I have a constant job in America’s growing economy, a role in America’s future. I am the stock market growing or falling with the rise and decline approaching us. I am the pedestrian walking the streets of New York City. I am the future president of the United States. I am the keeper of our prisoners, the helper of the needy. I am America, and this is my role in her future. As a soldier of war I am the savior of our cities. I am the hard worker building the future to a better demand. Safer communities and safer streets meet me here. As we build up our future gets brighter. We are the next generation of growing mothers and fathers cradling our babies, protecting their innocence. I am the hope growing, continuing forward, to a more advanced future. I am the world peace with the other countries. I am the future. I am the boaters cleaning the ocean, the dangers of disease, the help for a cure, the love of a life. This is America and I am her future. From the time we were kids to the time we were in college we grew up believing and even seeing we are America’s students. I am her follower to a greener future, the planter of future life, the builder of bigger marketing, the broadened awakening of future problems waiting to be solved. I am the enforcer of the rules. I am the militia of our country. I am her savior. I am her helping hand when all we need is love. I am her warmth when she is cold. When America is in danger I will be there to save her. I am her savior and she is my home. I am the protection in the walls of her surroundings. I am the better supporters of security in homes. I am her helper. When all we need is breath I am her life support, the future reliability of modern medicine, the cause for a cure. This is America and this is my role in her future. This is my future.


The author's comments:
i wanted to submit this in a competition buttt i ddn't meet the requirements.