Little Things | Teen Ink

Little Things

By LexiB SILVER, Tallassee, Alabama
LexiB SILVER, Tallassee, Alabama

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you where ever you go."

Joshua 1:9

My heart pounded in my chest as we followed the man to keep him from harm. There he was, in his pajamas and bare feet, crossing the highway in a wheelchair.As we watched him cross the highway,just missing a car,vivid, gory scenes came into my head, making me worry and scaring me a little. He entered a gas station, and we parked outside it. When he came out, there was beer in the back of his wheel chair!

We followed him around in our car for a while longer, untill we knew all the information we would need to tell the police. My mom dialed 911 just as he almost got hit again. We never saw him again.

I think it's important to do little things like my mom did, because it could save someone's life. And in return, maybe someday someone will do something that could make a difference or even save your life. It breaks my heart that some people don't care enough to take a few minutes of their day to help someone in need. This is one of several reasons my mom is my hero.