I only want your tolerance | Teen Ink

I only want your tolerance

March 1, 2011
By tinejohnson SILVER, Eagle Mountain, Utah
tinejohnson SILVER, Eagle Mountain, Utah
5 articles 0 photos 29 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am awesome and everyone knows it. If you dont know it than you are not worth my time.


This world is getting to be ridiculous. I am angry as I write this, very angry. Why am I persecuted for my beliefs? Why do people ask me to give up my life so that they can live in a more comfortable surrounding to them? Why cant I be comfortable? That is my question.

Have I asked the impossible of anyone? Did I ask you all to drop down to your knees and pray for forgiveness from the Lord God Almighty? Did I ask you to be baptized, to read the Bible over night? No. Did I ask you to agree with me and mine? No. I don’t want your acceptance. I want your tolerance. If I want to read my bible in a public building, why should I be stopped? If I want to pray in school, just a simple whispered prayer, what is wrong with that? You don’t have to join in. you don’t even have to be quiet.

I don’t want your acceptance of my beliefs, I want your tolerance. I want the world to stop demeaning my acceptance. Do you have to agree with me? Am I shoving it down your throat? No. I am living my life the way I choose. What is so wrong with that? What is wrong?

The author's comments:
i hope no one gets offended. feel free to let me know if you are.