I only want your tolerance | Teen Ink

I only want your tolerance

By tinejohnson SILVER, Eagle Mountain, Utah
tinejohnson SILVER, Eagle Mountain, Utah

I am awesome and everyone knows it. If you dont know it than you are not worth my time.

This world is getting to be ridiculous. I am angry as I write this, very angry. Why am I persecuted for my beliefs? Why do people ask me to give up my life so that they can live in a more comfortable surrounding to them? Why cant I be comfortable? That is my question.

Have I asked the impossible of anyone? Did I ask you all to drop down to your knees and pray for forgiveness from the Lord God Almighty? Did I ask you to be baptized, to read the Bible over night? No. Did I ask you to agree with me and mine? No. I don’t want your acceptance. I want your tolerance. If I want to read my bible in a public building, why should I be stopped? If I want to pray in school, just a simple whispered prayer, what is wrong with that? You don’t have to join in. you don’t even have to be quiet.

I don’t want your acceptance of my beliefs, I want your tolerance. I want the world to stop demeaning my acceptance. Do you have to agree with me? Am I shoving it down your throat? No. I am living my life the way I choose. What is so wrong with that? What is wrong?

i hope no one gets offended. feel free to let me know if you are.

Lilliterra said...
What happens if you do it?

Not illegal, just highly frowned upon.

Lilliterra said...
Interesting, I know how you feel. You can pray in Public School, though. It's not illegal, really.