The Woman in the Shale | Teen Ink

The Woman in the Shale

June 2, 2014
By noora.f SILVER, Alkhobar, Other
noora.f SILVER, Alkhobar, Other
9 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"a drawing is a dot that decided to go for a walk"- Paul Klee


our paths never met yet our minds have …. a woman of age in my line of sight i surround her in my rotating pile of thoughts yet she is not living but an image inside a four sided frame … a woman nor have i met or will i ever meet a woman who experienced life by burned down neighborhoods , cob webs , uneven concert floors , unsanitary vegetables . a face so pale and blank as stillness takes over her … some would say she holds a wrinkled face but all i see is a face wrinkled by the effects of a burning sun that surveys a crowded street where she spent her years selling rotten vegetables with only one gaol that she strugles to afford and that is staying alive a face being treated as if it were some substance found far beneath dirt so far in , that there is no use or care to it. i remain in disbelief not from what she has become but from the ones knowing her pain still they just stare at her with pity and walkaway … i continue to ask my self are they from our kind because surely no one with a human embodiment would have the ability to treat a fellow human in need with such lowness … "the blood of man outweighs green paper therefore do not be the fool who consumes it" … this ground of mine is not familiar any more u see it now supports this new breed of mortals unsanitary from they inside and fake from they out , how can we be so quit and dull about this … yes my feet do walk in the ground but they walk towards a mind that shares all … that sees every individual at the same level , states , and stage . she is not just the woman in the frame , she is every human that has been a victim of greed … they are like webs that have been abandoned they capture so much life yet are so weak from the effects of being alone.


The author's comments:
i hope this will cause people to help the needy