English Matters | Teen Ink

English Matters

September 13, 2014
By ohana.d PLATINUM, Dubai, Other
ohana.d PLATINUM, Dubai, Other
20 articles 3 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Life is sarcastically a beautiful journey...

Bs is expected but not accepted....


Teachers and students feel English classes can become predictable and monotonous, if they only listen to the teacher or , sometimes, their classmates adressing them everyday. I would like to highlight the need to improve teaching of English in India.

Teaching of English has become quite certain and dull. It looks like a priest spaking from a pulpit. Even if the teacher likes to teach the subject, it might be really boring for students. Students easily gain and lose interest in what they are doing. Moreover, in a country like India where most parents want their child to become either doctor or engineer and anything other than that is considred useless, and as a part of it, forces them to concentrate more on science and Maths. They do not realise how fasinating English is. Nowadays, some teachers are behind wealth and fame. In the chase for money, they don't deliver the essence of their subject. Above all the education system should provide a platform for right learning, not rot learning.

In the 21st centur, development of science has been commendable. Involvement of modern technology such as visual aids and discusiion about the core of a lesson helps in fruitful learning. Afterall, poems are interesting when recited and novels and plays captivating when staged. When a method is adopted, even the views of students and teachers are to be considered. When the surrounding is flexible and allows the student to understand and teachers to inspire in their own style, true learning takes place. All these revokes a need to contemplate on improvement of teaching and learning English.


The author's comments:

:)