Love Is No Fantasy | Teen Ink

Love Is No Fantasy

September 18, 2014
By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
92 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."


Don't tell me light will triumph against darkness, don't tell me the bad guy will lose. Love is like a sick fantasy. A lie, a ruse. When love is present we escape from our realities, though nothing seems to change. It's like a harsh fever, taking over, making us mistake reality with magic and change. We'll lose it, abuse it, abandon the ones we love. Some will treasure it, understand it, for as long as it stays. Love can be great, a pure wave of lust and desire. In reality it's a incurable flu, breaking your heart and destroying you. I've been in love, sure, but I know how to win. Winning is holding yourself together when it starts to fall apart.

Losing is when you let it break you.

Instead of weeping or feeling sick at heart, open your eyes and realize love was the one at fault. It deceived you, fed you lies of happiness and forever, when in reality it stomped on you and broke you.

It's harsh. But it's Reality.