Six Small Things | Teen Ink

Six Small Things

By CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky

" When you Grow Up, Your Heart Dies."- Ally Sheedy ( The Breakfast Club, 1985)

“And in the end, we were all just humans.. drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.”

"Groovy Like a Drive In movie"

Im just like every other human being. I am living and breathing the same air as everyone else. But just like evryone else I have My own Opinions when it comes to life.

I Have written prevoius articles on life, mostly because its my favorite thing to write about. I mean im in love with life,even when it does get hard I know that every day above ground is a good day.

I wish other people could feel the way I feel about Life, thats why im writing this. This my friends is a list of things that make your life better, even if its in the smallest way.

1. Go outside, let the sun kiss your skin. Let your mind become quiet, let yourself relax.

2. Put down your phone when youre watching a movie. Dont deprive yourself of somehing as wonderful as a good movie, allow yourself to have full focus. Who knows, maybe you will be inspired after.

3. Dont be afraid of pain. Pain comes and Pain goes, it will visit you many times in your life. The best thing you can do is survive it, dont give in. Because eventually your pain will pass and you will be stronger.

4. Read a good book. please dont limit your mind to your own univere when there are millions of universes out there. Just waiting, waiting to be discovered, waiting to be explored.

5.Live with an open mind and heart. This ones harder than others, most people shut themselves away early in life and they stay that way. Ignorant to love and the changing world around them. When your mind is limited to only what you know, youre missing out on huge spectacular things that change the world. when you limit your heart, youre keeping it locked away from your passions, your loves and someone elses.

and finally 6. Travel, whether it be a different way home or another country. Dont stay planted in one place, let your body wonder. Let it be free.

You will be happier, I swear.