The Unforgotten | Teen Ink

The Unforgotten

dear God. the winds of hatred have been blowing greatly in my land. they are killing us Lord. killing us for framing beauty in the potential of whats theirs, and creating a better picture of whats ours.

why do they despise us so?

we come in peace. have our hands raised to the sky and prayers dripping as gracefully as our blood from their finger tips. our blood wont create opportunities or blessings either. their land will be cursed for years for all the tears we shed in the shadows.

why should we hide?

accept us for we were created and born from the same womb and mother. africa is ours. africa is us. we are africa.

you chase us away and want nothing to do with our faces and paces but, will you live with our blood stains on your palms? with our screams echoing throughout your streets with every one of your heartbeats? with our pleas and begs escaping your mouths when the true enemy strikes?

you will remember us. when the sun rises each day to your satisfied bodies and egos, your mind will darken. your soul will be left in scatters and strips. crying and pleading out with the voice of regret raging from its core, your tears will pour.

and on those days, i hope the devil within ceases to torture you and that your begs are heard. i hope your purity and innocence finds shelter and peace in whatever foreign realm it seeks coverage.

all about the xenophobic attacks in South Africa where many lives are/ have been lost. sorry if it offends any reader.