Branded | Teen Ink

Branded

March 8, 2016
By aditipallod GOLD, Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
aditipallod GOLD, Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
17 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."

Confucius


We are branded. In this new day and age, everyone is stamped. Nature, humans, the surroundings we envelope ourselves in, it is all branded. We are branded in multiple ways. Nature and the environment will forever be stained with our pathetic lack of sympathy for the Earth that gives us life. Our bodies are also branded in more ways than one.

Our grimy eyes have seen the ruins and issues that plague our lives, yet few people are doing anything about it. The smell of our failure to control wastes can easily be observed with a whiff of a sewer. Our mouths continue to speak foul language in an attempt to “be expressive”, but expression does not lie solely in words that are uttered from our lips. The eyes tell a long-winded story of their own, and with all of the new technology, expressing yourself is much, much more than speaking. We hear deadly words that will indefinitely crush and spoil the human population, but we are ignorant, and let the waves of sound pass from one ear and out the other.

We are senseless, destroying the opportunities that have been given to us.

We are branded. Many factors control us from unleashing our potential. It could be the government, stopping us from visiting the place of our dreams. It could be teachers, who fail to recognize the abilities in a student. It could be your “closest friends” who only wish to use you as a stepping stone to their success. It could be your parents who prevent you from exploring other capabilities, instead coercing you to squeeze yourself into a single path of life. It could be your kids, whose exhausting lives overtake the passions that you want to follow. No matter, who it is, we are branded by those who restrict us. Their souls are invisibly imprinted over us, as they threaten to outstrip our lives.

We are branded by the rules of our own society. In terms of company brands, there is much controversy. We look to the brands of all items and the people behind them.

We are crude, biased mammals, backpedaling our ways off of the pedestal that our ancestors created. We are branded. But, we are the best that we are, and we can only try to improve from here, re-climbing the pedestal to equality.