Teen essays on what matters and core values | Teen Ink

What Matters

Most discussed What Matters Articles

Hot Topics
comments
By Christina Watts BRONZE
Columbus, Ohio

Why do people join gangs? I think young children join gangs because rap music influences them. Some children probably grew up in a bad neighborhood where they saw people selling dr...
Christina Watts BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Hot Topics
Thisisreal_life PLATINUM, Manhattan, Kansas

"so do it. Decide. Is this the person you want to be? Is this the life you want to live? Is this the best you can be?"
"I survived the fire because the fire within me burns brighter than the one around me"

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Hot Topics
By TARDISdriver PLATINUM
Colorado Springs, Colorado
TARDISdriver PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Hot Topics
By shellbi123 SILVER
East Jordan, Michigan
shellbi123 SILVER, East Jordan, Michigan

"don't say sorry if your not"

Pantsman SILVER, New York, New York
Hot Topics
By joanofarc15 SILVER
Forest Lake, Minnesota
joanofarc15 SILVER, Forest Lake, Minnesota

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow that talent into the unknown place it leads." Erica Jong

Hot Topics
Hot Topics