Keep Leveling Up | Teen Ink

Keep Leveling Up

By A_True_Ravenclaw SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
A_True_Ravenclaw SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring, I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
-Leonard Church/Epsilon

High School is kind of like a videogame, you’ve reached a new level, you have upgraded armor and skills which will be used to beat every boss you encounter. You are no longer the inexperienced level 1 you were, now you’re a full fledged hero. You’ve slain essays, You've defeated final after final, destroyed exam after exam. But now is not the time to let up, now is the time to keep going, to fight harder, you may think you've beaten the boss already, but no, you still have a long way to go, you have many levels to pass and many more obstacles to face. Don't walk- run, don't relax- go harder, keep leveling up, and after you beat the game use the skills you've gained to go even farther.

You may feel as though you may relax because you are nearing the end of the game, but that is when you gear up and prepare for battle, the final boss is coming, senior year. It will be the hardest level you've gotten to. Now is the time to take out your best items, don your best armor and face this year head on, don't worry if you slip up though, wise mages known as teachers are everywhere eager to help you every step of the way. However, this does not mean you should just jump headfirst into any and every problem, be sure to sharpen your mind, your greatest tool, every day, and always come up with a battle strategy every night for the next day. Make sure to replenish your energy before each battle by eating healthy and sleeping well.

Your journey through your final level shouldn’t be all grind and no reward though, be sure to have fun completing side quests by joining after school activities and clubs, and go to a party every now and then. It’s important to know when to relax and when to fight, learn those times and live by them. As well as your mental fitness it is important to maintain your physical stature, make sure to train yourself regularly, you wouldn't want to break down while trying to take down a boss. All in all, just stay strong and have fun, it's almost over and you're almost free. You’ve taken down many monsters before, and you can do it again, you got this.