The Reality | Teen Ink

The Reality

December 10, 2020
By raymondmendoza5 BRONZE, Hemet, California
raymondmendoza5 BRONZE, Hemet, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

As the summer was coming to an end I began to realize that I would not be going back to regular school. I would wake up to a black plain computer and a white plain desk every day till further notice. As the last days of summer came to an end, I lay in my bed, not being able to fall asleep because of the fact that I would have to wake up the next day and see my new teachers through a screen. Eventually, I ended falling asleep because of all the thinking, and suddenly, Beep-Beep-Beep, waking up so fast to turn off my alarm so it wouldn’t wake up my neighboring brothers. I lay in my bed for a couple more minutes, but then I knew it was time to get up to have enough time to make and eat breakfast to start my engine for the day. Then I took my plain breakfast back to my room and I started getting my things ready making sure my Chromebook is charged, and then I saw the time, there were ten minutes left till the first period. Was pretty bored those ten minutes knowing that this school year was going to be boring and different as not able to see my friends on a daily anymore and then it was time to start my gloomy adventure through this online year. Then it went from there. Now a couple of months later, as we get ready to finish the second semester, it was pretty normal doing online school, and like I said it was boring. Never liked it one bit since the day we started the school year and it is pretty crazy how we are going to end the second semester, with finals, through the computer. I, mid-way through the second semester, had hope in going back to regular school and seeing my friends, but then I thought when we go back it was not going to be as normal as I thought it was. If we went back I believe it would be way different but I stopped thinking about going back because I lost hope. Lost hope for many things such as football happening this year. We had a couple of practices but it wasn’t your regular 3-hour practices that we would do, it was thirty-minute practices and it was once per week which was good enough for me to have little hope that we are going to have a football season this year, but then the worst happened. Practices were rescheduled for weeks. But when coaches decided to have practices once again a stay home order was given and the district canceled our practices till January 15. Even though we were going to have practices during the break I was pretty bumped which made me lose hope in having a football season. Overall, to this day I’m writing this, I still don’t like online school and I wish this whole pandemic never happened. It’s a rough adventure that many people have and are still going through. Even though people like the fact of online school, I personally do not.


The author's comments:

I am still looking forward to a football season this year.