Hunger Vs Vending Machines | Teen Ink

Hunger Vs Vending Machines

April 11, 2024
By MRJMONEY BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
MRJMONEY BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Are you tired of being hungry all day? Are you tired of being hungry at school? Are you tired of having nothing to eat in your bag? Sadly, some people are hungry all day at home and school. Some people wish they had something to eat, asking friends if they have something to eat because they're starving. Even though people might think that children will leave their trash anywhere, TMS should have vending machines because it will prevent people from being hungry all day, the school would earn money from it, and they would make profit over it. 

Hungry people are one of the worst types of people. Having vending machines at TMS would change that. It all starts when their stomach growls, then it goes to asking someone for food, then they start begging for food, but if we have vending machines people will be able to focus better on a full stomach. I mean it's a snack that will tie them over for a little. People need food so they won't shut down, they´d also have an easier time in school if they're not hungry. I remember one time when I was hungry and I couldn´t focus well because I had nothing in my bag. That's why I carry snacks in my bag, again vending machines would change that. 

Even though the vending machines would be expensive and to put snacks into the machine, the staff could earn that money back through the machine. If there were vending machines, people wouldn´t be hungry all the time, they would put snacks in the vending machines to make more money because people would know there's a vending machine and 

they would buy from it over and over again. That money could go to or be used for making the school lunches better.

Going on to my third and final reason for the necessity for vending machines at TMS is that they would be making profit from the vending machines. The profitable money could be used for the school socials. They could also put it towards school supplies, equipment in the gyms, making the locker rooms better, better vision over the hallways/ outside by the buses, field trips, after school activities, fundraisers/donations, starting an organization, etcetera. 

Despite the fact that people might think that people will leave their trash anywhere like on the ground, on tables, or outside. While it may be true, the staff could just put trash cans by or near the vending machines, so that they can prevent that from happening. Also by putting signage around the vending machines telling us to put the trash in the garbage cans. 

To sum it up, adults, staff, and people might think that children at school will leave their trash anywhere and everywhere, TMS should have vending machines because it will prevent people from being hungry all day, the school would earn money from it, and they would make profit over it. Imagine what a vending machine could do at TMS. It would be awesome to see a vending machine at school. People wouldn´t be hungry, they would be eating chips, candy, or food that you would find in a vending machine. A lot of people would love one at TMS. It would solve all the hunger problems that we have at Tumwata Middle School. 


The author's comments:

The reason I chose to right about vending machines is because I feel like that TMS needs vending machines to stop hunger.