Don't Trust Anyone | Teen Ink

Don't Trust Anyone

April 11, 2024
By poem_master18675 BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
poem_master18675 BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Have you ever trusted someone? Tell them everything you have ever thought about? And then they go and break that trust by telling everyone what you were thinking. Well I have a solution to that problem. Never trust anyone. While some people say that if you care about someone you should trust them, you should not trust people because people can be selfish, their friends can be mean, and people can steal. I hope by the end of this writing, you can understand why.


The first and most obvious reason why you should never trust anyone, is that they are very selfish. They don't care about your feelings. You could tell them the worst thing that has ever happened to you and they will stare and laugh at you. They only want to hurt you and other people for their amusement. They won't help you. You could be in the most dangerous danger and they won’t care. The worst part about them being selfish is that all they want is to hurt other people so that they can be the center of attention and everyone else will start talking to them so they are popular and the person that isn’t will be left in the dirt.


The second reason why you shouldn’t trust anyone is because of their friends. Their friends don’t care about what you have to say. They not only don't care, but they will make fun of you and try to mentally harm you. When they are around you are never safe. Another problem is that they all stand up for each other. If they are all standing up for each other then they will all make fun of you together. The worst part about their friends is that no matter what you do or try they will never ever like you. They hate you just because you know them.


The third reason that you should never trust anyone is that they steal. The only thing anyone wants is what's yours. People pretend like they have everything they want but what they really want is what you have. After they steal all your belongings they don’t care what you think. If they get caught then they won’t apologize and sometimes even gaslight you into believing they didn’t. The only thing that they will steal is what they can like, food, toys, etc. they will take anything that can fit in their pockets undisclosed.

Most people would argue that “If you truly care about someone then you should be able to trust them and tell them stuff” but, even if you cared and gave them all the trust in the world and you would never know if they cared about you, because know matter what you do, you will never know what is in their head.


If you trust anyone, it will be the worst thing you can do because people can be selfish, their friends can be mean, and people can steal. I hope that you can understand what I am telling you because this may help you so that no one gets hurt and all of your secrets can and will remain secrets. If you do choose to trust someone you have to remember that you can still keep secrets from them.