Bosnia | Teen Ink

Bosnia

September 17, 2018
By Anonymous

There is a lot of events that changed me in my life but one big even that changed me is my family’s home country of Bosnia. My family lives in Europe, I go to Europe once every two years. I mainly go there for family reasons. I stay there over the summer for about a month. The flight takes about 9 hours to get to Germany and from Germany I drive to Bosnia which is where my mom and my dad are from. Bosnia is not like America, it’s very different. Bosnia is not like any country in Europe I think of Bosnia as Bosnia.

The main reason me and my family and I go to Bosnia is because of family. My grandparents and all my aunts live in Bosnia. My parents used to live in Bosnia but they ended up in America because of the Yugoslavian War. They have been living in America for over 20 years. I was born in Georgia, so I have been in America for my whole life. I have visited a lot of countries in Europe like, Germany, Switzerland, and Croatia, so this has a big impact on me because, I get to see how other countries function and how they are different from Bosnia and America.

           

Bosnia is very different from a lot of countries because there is not much industry in the country. The whole country is forests, little towns, and tons of mountains. The food is very good and the culture is very different from America. In Bosnia you don’t have highways systems like in other countries, most of the roads are bumpy and bad. Bosnia is almost like a country version of America. People own cows, chickens, dogs, and much more. When I’m in Bosnia I do a lot of things like go to the pool and go walking and driving around the country. The main activity I do in Bosnia is spend time with my family. My family and I sleep at my grandma’s house and we sometimes sleep at my aunt’s house when we are there.

           

Traveling to Europe changes me because it gets me an idea of other countries besides America. This impacts me because I get to learn a lot about food, animals, traveling, and much more. I also know the language of Bosnia so that can always help me in the future. I am planning to live in America for my future, but if things don’t work out I can always go to Bosnia.


The author's comments:

i hope you enjoy it.