Be Careful | Teen Ink

Be Careful

By aknoll PLATINUM, Conrath, Wisconsin
aknoll PLATINUM, Conrath, Wisconsin

Have you ever been put down by someone you though was a good person? What if that person didn't mean to, but did make you feel bad? Maybe you did the same to someone else.

Even if you didn't mean naything, it can still hurt. You need to watch what you say, because a lot of the times people won't speak up. Maybe they don't want to be rude, or are scared. Anyway, people need to talk carefully.

We can't put all the blame on the person who won't say when something is bothering them, because it can be frightening. 

Personally I had a teacher once before, be rude to me. They tought opinion as though it was fact, and wanted the girls to be better behaved than the boys. 

When I spoke up, I only proceeded to get myself into more trouble. This teacher, who barley even knew me, said I was over dramatic, and blew things way out of proportion. 

This really hurt, and I freaked out. I may have gone little over board, but that was only because I was in pain. I teacher, who is supposed to be rational and calm, was getting mad at me for thinking in a different way.

They got bad at me for goofing around with the boys.

They even proceeded to tell my mom, thankfully she understood. And ignored his comments, as she trusts me.

It still hurts, even now, writing about it. It hurts to think I still have to put up with this person. And might I say that this teacher caters to people with simaler beliefs to them. 

I know I am not the only one feeling this way about this teacher, but we can't say anything, because were kids and we'll only get in more trouble. That and we need proof. 

So, please, no matter who you are and no matter how nice you think you are, stop and listen to people. Stop and listen to yourslef, and what you are saying. It's your job, and your part of making the world a better place.