Predator | Teen Ink

Predator

January 18, 2021
By Browniemae BRONZE, Norwich, Other
Browniemae BRONZE, Norwich, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Those little, plump children running across my candy cane yard and stuffing sweets into thier little, plump mouths. Spoilt, I thought from behind the liquorice window pane, spoilt and delicious. I sighed hungrily and rembered what made me like this or rather WHO made me like this...

it was a December morning and mother had instructed me to give my sick granny some sweets. I hadn't seen her since summer and I was nervous, I remembered the way clearly enough and I hard a pointy knife with me in the pocket of my red cloak. I got to the house quickly enough and called "granny?" Through the letterbox before letting myself in. "Granny?" I called again, skipping into the kitchen which had stairs leading down to granny's bedroom. She must be asleep poor thing, i thought and continued my way down the stairs. 

Each step creaked, musically and for the 3rd time I called "granny?" I was getting worried. In my head I silently wished she wasn't dead already as she was 90 odd. By the time I was at the foot of the stairs, the stench hit me. Oh granny I thought, burying my nose in my sweater, you could've at least showered... I made my way over to her bed which was when I saw her silver hair peaking over the bedcovers. "Granny" i whispered hesitantly, I was not prepared to do CPR. "Just a few minutes, dear" called something that didn't sound like granny.... i pulled back the sheets and underneath the covers was a wolf which looked ready to pounce at me any second. "Aaaaggghhhh" I screamed but before I knew it, the wolf had swallowed me whole and I was falling down a long, slimy tube. I ended up in the stomach of the wolf, covered in blood and sweat and tangled veins. But by the time the woodcutter cut me out, I was already too traumatised and had developed the same  appetite as the wolf, hungry for humans.


The author's comments:

Hi, Im a young writer who's obsessed with dark writing and mystery books as well as teen fiction and dystopian books. If you like this piece of writing, please let me know so I can write more stuff like this.