Name Essay | Teen Ink

Name Essay

March 3, 2022
By GlizzyBot92 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
GlizzyBot92 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My name isn’t all that special. I was born in a hospital just like everyone else, and the name just happened to be the name I was given. 


My name is synonymous with the pizza place Rocky Rococo’s. half the time when I meet new people it’s the first thing they bring up. a weird, low budget low effort pizza that I can’t bring myself to appreciate. but I do like other pizza places a lot. 


My name kinda looks like the word pizza. The P and R are similar. and the two Z’s in pizza are a lot like the two C’s in my name. But Me and pizza only really share similarities in name. For starters, I don’t think I taste very good so nobody would want to eat me, and I’m a lot taller than the average pizza.


My name is mellow and soft like a sponge. The name rocco is like sunlight through a closed window, it warms and lights up the whole room. 


The name Rocco is silky smooth, and then jagged and rough in the middle. Like a ship on the sea in the deep of night, my name starts easy, gets rough, and then goes back to being easy once again. 


It sounds like my name is a name of Mexican descent, but it’s actually italian. The name comes from the movie Rocky, which is a movie about a boxer who overcomes all odds, and becomes the champ through commitment, drive, and sheer determination. 


I don’t really like those movies. Something about movies in that time period is just very cliche, and predictable. I find it kind of ironic that a movie about boxing would end up with a very predictable ending—but then again there’s a sort of comfort in movies with predictable endings. 

Rocky is a very rough name, it’s a name that fits a boxer, not a kid writing a name essay in his composition class. so something more smooth, like Rocco, was the only option.


I hate the nicknames people use with my name. Everyone goes for the same stuff, Rocco taco, Rocky rococo, Rock, Rocky, stuff like that. There’s not a lot of room for creativity with a name like Rocco, but I think my name is good enough already to not really require a nickname. 


I’d say it's a fitting name, it's not too rough, and it's not too soft, it's not too hot and not too cold. I’d say it's just right.


The author's comments:

My name essay