We too are human beings | Teen Ink

We too are human beings

May 3, 2022
By Anonymous

The boisterous weather follows the rain. Tiny human with a spirit of carefree ran home as fast as they could, playing with the congregated water, pulling off shoes and step & step on it whilst the clothes already wet.
This is our childhood. Loving the rain. Loving the water splashed.
The raucous summer evening singing "tin dial ah tin dial ah" (a good bye tradition in my culture for childrens) promise kept to be congregated at the same spot on the exact time.
Sometimes, I wonder how swift time flies by. Where is that innocent carefree child? Where does she route? Now, struggling with becoming either the identity or the personality.
Speaking from truth whatever it takes we try hard to become the best version of ourselves but whatever it took there always be the one who knocked us back, who brought us down, who brought tears into our eyes. Teen life should not be tyrannize by perfectionism but the society imposes, urges, nags and that took us to fight from the blood & flesh, then, leads to no progress mentally and physically. I seem to hyperbolic but this is the potency fact which should be rethink and codify the way adult throw tantrum to the rising teenagers.
Isn't teen voice worth treating as dismissive or should teen deserves to always perceive queasy?
Where we measure the quality of teen with their High School stats, where the parameters we throw to them are not worth considering because all those are the concrete tradition that had passed down from generation to generation. One of my closest smart, eager, studious friends who always at the 5% of her classmates struggling to find who she really is due to the constant tormentor & pressure from her extended family to become Doctor. However, on her way to nascent she loses herself, her interest in studying, her audacity which leads to imposter syndrome. This is what we have come now. We inculcate perfectionism over it's okay to make mistakes. On the notion of I build the future nation, we emasculate the future people through the frivolous parameters. Instead of all that, shall we teach the next generations to - be about there's no problem to make mistakes, failure is the stepping stone to good ideas, that perfectionism is just a word through lens.


The author's comments:

The writer is a science student, avid reader, advocate to Mawitu Organization & leader from Climate Reality Project.