Finding Yourself | Teen Ink

Finding Yourself

By GC_poetry7 SILVER, Jabalpur, Other
GC_poetry7 SILVER, Jabalpur, Other

"All that happens, happens for good."

Believe it or not, we all have a role to play in the universe. The very existence of different characters supports this. Primarily, two types of roles lie on this Earth for us. The first: being a simple and comprehensible one, is that of an earthly nature. It’s present as connections with particular individuals, such as a son, mother or daughter; this roleplay often acts as a precursor to the development of traits that elect a person for their succeeding and more important job.

The second role contributes to the functioning of the universe as a whole. Consisting of thinkers, learners, leaders and even jesters— all the people who keep the world in motion. Though this role is mostly determined by a person’s character, interests and the aforementioned first role, it takes much longer to progress towards or even discover it. Yet, when it is found, its tremendous potential asserts dominance. As a teen, a child or even an adult, it is possible that we may not have uncovered our role in the universe, hence, the feeling of doubt often surrounding us. Disappointingly, we tend to, thanks to our society, forget our higher task and often end up stifling our real role, taking up something totally unrelated to the need of the universe— suffering in the end.

The question stands- can we really dig out the reality? Yes! I have. My 10- year- old self was totally different even quite opposite to my purpose. Trying novel activities has made me feel that irrespective of my age, gender, culture and connections, I’m heading to fulfil what has been assigned to me.

Some of us are still lost. The key is to find what you love and are capable of— something which when requires effort, you do not think twice before putting it in. of course, you can be proficient in many things such as a thinker who becomes a leader. But your true self has only one firm reality. Individualism is what makes our second role unique.

Classifying these universal roles as better or worse is pointless because anyone who achieve their set purpose in life is successful regardless of success’s materialistic measures. Similarly, chiding people for trying is nonsensical. If you are self- aware, you too will appreciate other’s efforts to be so.

All in all you have to find your kick, your universal role, since it most importantly answers the mysterious question we ask ourselves in front of the mirror ‘Who am I?’

A reflection.