OUTWEST | Teen Ink

OUTWEST

October 24, 2022
By Anonymous


South Dakota - The drive was boring and the scenery was more or less the same the entire time. Once we got to the badlands I was astounded by the sights and how many people were there. It is a very iconic national park but it just seemed eerie, quiet, and like the roads were dead. Even the big city, Sioux Falls, was like a wasteland compared to other places. 


Utah - The place we camped at was in a little city. We were on the beach of a lake which was really cool and we were there for two days, which felt very long. While we were there, there was a big storm that came right over the camping site so we had to flee for a while. The town was also very empty and super small. It’s one of those towns where everyone definitely knows each other. 


Colorado - We got to Colorado and went to the red rocks the same day we got there. Also, that night we went to see the Rockies vs Dodgers at Coors Field. It was a really cool experience as Coors Field is such an iconic stadium. The Denver area seemed hectic and there was a lot of traffic, so that’s not really the place for either me or my dad. 

 

Nature opened our eyes when we went out west for a trip this summer. We drove all the way to Colorado and stopped in different places along the way. Such as, South Dakota and Utah. We camped in both of those places and in a total of four campsites, but we decided to get a hotel in Colorado. Going into the badlands and camping there, we saw some phenomenal sights. It was just crazy because there are not many places like that in Wisconsin. There definitely is but just going to another state and seeing different terrain, we guess, is what made it better. However, it is the most boring drive of all time. It’s the same scenery for basically all of the ride, just nothingness…