Sense of Wonder | Teen Ink

Sense of Wonder

October 25, 2022
By BozoBoi GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
BozoBoi GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments


I took a walk through nature like many other times, except I was noticing the small wonders around me. The beauty of nature had never sunk in before until I looked at the details.

It started off as a normal walk and slowly began developing into something more. First, it was how very blue the sky was and the cold shrill of the wind. Then it was the differences in the trees. One was semi-barren with pinecones littered around its bottom and the other was colorful and full of life. Both were beautiful. I continued down the once-asphalt path and stopped. I took a moment to absorb my surroundings and peace rushed inside of me. I took a deep breath and a rush of soil flew into my brain. All of the leaves that had fallen from the trees around me gathered into one spot slowly decomposing into the ground that I stand on and smelling that change gives a sense of wonder.

I continued my walk through a wetland. I felt the wind tear through me and from the soft shuddering of the trees I know that they felt it too. I wasn’t alone in nature but accompanied by all of the living creatures around me.