The Dream | Teen Ink

The Dream

My set piece is about the dream I had, I read about what happened and it's called lucid dreams. It's when everything feels real and you can basically do whatever you want. I vividly remember what happened in this dream, I decided to use third person and I tried to describe everything I saw with as much detail as I could, and “the boy” is me. And in the end if you are wondering I still have a scar on my leg but that isn’t important right now.I hope you enjoy it.

The boy slowly opened his eyes, he was in a room of mirrors, every inch of the room was covered with mirrors, the ceiling, the floor, and the walls , everything was covered in mirrors.

The boy stood up slowly, the boy looked at his legs and body but they weren’t there. The boy slowly started walking on the mirrors. The boy could hear them make a cracking sound under his weight. He looked at his reflection and he stopped. He was just a floating cowboy hat with hands. The boy then took another step and his reflection changed, the boy was now a pair of Lewi jeans that were floating. The boy kept walking, he then looked at one of the mirrors, it was bigger than all of the other ones, there was also a handle on it. The boy slowly made his way towards the mirror, the mirrors under him slowly cracking. The boy made it to the big mirror, the mirror was way bigger than it looked, the boy pulled on the handle as the mirror slowly cracked open. The boy failed to realize, but the mirror started slowly falling on him but the boy stepped to the side and he watched the mirror slowly fall and shatter on the ground. The boy looked at what was behind the door and there was an island with a hut and a beautiful beach. The boy slowly made his way to the hut, walking and having the feeling of soft sand under his feet. The boy opened the hut door and saw that it was empty but it was decked out, there was a couch, a tv and the fridge was full of food. The boy tried to turn on the tv but it wasn’t working, the boy then decided to go to the beach for a swim, the boy took his shoes off and ran out of the hut to the beach, sand flying from under his feet, he dove into the water and started swimming. As the boy swam further and further the water seemed to get warmer, then a sharp pain almost like stepping on broken glass, went through his foot. The boy looked down but saw nothing, and then he got pulled under the water and started sinking as a black cloud of something surrounded him. The boy then woke up to an alarm, he was in his room and his phone was ringing and it was time to go to school, he thought about what he just went through and decided to not let it bother him, as he stood up he realized his foot was bleeding at the bottom.