Haters are Easy. ( How to deal with them) | Teen Ink

Haters are Easy. ( How to deal with them)

May 22, 2023
By bapti SILVER, Tirana, Other
bapti SILVER, Tirana, Other
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Haters Are Easy

Hating each other has always been a part of human history, and it continues to exist in our modern lives. No matter what you do, there is always someone or a group of people who will hate you. Instead of running away from these people, accepting their opinions and reacting accordingly is better. Let me explain.

I remember the time when I was in a basketball team, and my teammates started hating on me because I was good at playing basketball. At first, I was taken aback and didn't know how to react. I worked hard and practiced a lot to improve my skills, but my teammates didn't appreciate my efforts. They started making fun of me and even tried to exclude me from the team. However, I didn't let their hate bring me down. Instead, I used it as fuel to work even harder and show them what I was capable of.

According to Dean Graziosi and my personal experience, haters can be a great motivator if we know how to use their comments to our advantage. Graziosi suggests that instead of getting upset or discouraged when someone makes a negative comment, we should rephrase it in a positive light and use it to fuel our success. In my case, I took my teammates' hate as a challenge to improve my skills even more and show them what I was capable of.

It's also important to recognize the reasons why people hate on others. As David Goggins suggests, haters are often people who are struggling with their own insecurities and envy. They see others doing better than them, and instead of using that as motivation to improve themselves, they lash out in hate. Understanding this helped me not to take their comments personally and instead to use it to motivate myself to work harder.

One way to deal with haters is to engage with them constructively. In my case, I didn't engage with my teammates in a confrontational way but instead used my basketball skills to show them what I was capable of. I practiced even harder and showed up to every game ready to play my best. Eventually, my teammates started to respect me for my skills and even started to cheer me on during games.

In conclusion, dealing with haters is never easy, but it's essential to understand that we have the power to control our reactions to their comments. Using their comments as motivation, recognizing the reasons behind their hate, engaging with them constructively, and working even harder can all help us overcome the negative effects of hate and use it as fuel to achieve our goals. As the saying goes, "haters gonna hate," but it's up to us to decide how we will respond.


Works Cited

Graziosi, Dean.  "How to Turn Haters Into Motivation." Entrepreneur, 23 Mar. 2017,  www.entrepreneur.com/article/290457. 

Goggins, David. "David Goggins – Advice On How To Deal With Haters. " YouTube, 3 July 2019, www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4BQ1YV7D9U.