Path to Waterfall | Teen Ink

Path to Waterfall

October 20, 2023
By creativity2022 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
creativity2022 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
21 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was a warm cloudy day up north in Pattison State Park in Wisconsin, my family and I were walking on a hiking trail seeing green leaves on brown trees. Also, we saw green and other colorful plants trying to get to the other side of the hiking trail to see some waterfalls. On the side of the path, there were also big trees, little plants, and grass.


About a mile into hiking, there's a river with some remarkable rocks in it. Hearing the water splashing on the rocks. It made me a little tired as it was relaxing. I could just sit there all day. But there were lots of mosquitos and bugs buzzing around. So we kept on walking in the forest to find the waterfalls.


Throughout the last mile, there are small hills, a bunch of trees, and little plants. Still, hearing the relaxing water throughout the last mile of the hike. Walking up this small hill and looking over and saw a mysterious bench on the trail. To the left, there is more sound of water splashing on those remarkable rocks. 


But there are two waterfalls splashing and the relaxing sound of water. We sat there on some steps on the path to hear the waterfalls. But we got curious and started to climb some rocks and around the waterfall to see what's around and near the waterfall. Since it rained the day before the rocks on the path were slippery. But all I heard was my mom saying "Be careful."