describing a place | Teen Ink

describing a place

November 1, 2023
By GabiGranger BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
GabiGranger BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky
3 articles 4 photos 0 comments

Climbing the Mayan temple ruins is a vacation I will never forget. It was so cool being able to see the tree line and the green hills from the tallest one. The tree leaves were orange and green, the overgrown grass everywhere. The stone structures sticking up through the ground. The sky was blue with hardly any clouds. You can feel the cool breeze and the hot sun on your face. All you can hear is the wind, no cars or anything. You can race people around the ruins and see who would jump from one ruin to another.

The feeling at the ruins is peaceful. When you’re climbing the ruins, it is sort of an adrenaline rush, you must go on all fours to not fall. You have the feeling of being on top of the world. When you get to the top you can see the trees and landscape around you and seeing how small the people in your tour group look from that high is kind of trippy. You are kind of in awe of how beautiful everything is. The feeling is peaceful because you can sit up at the top and people watch or just enjoy the moment. There aren’t many people there, it’s mainly your tour group and the tour guides. You get to take pictures and explore, and the tour guides tell you some of the history of the ruins.  I am so grateful I got to experience this and can’t wait until I can go back.


The author's comments:

I wrote this for an assignment in my english class