The History of Music | Teen Ink

The History of Music

By Jadenburess BRONZE, St Louis, Missouri
Jadenburess BRONZE, St Louis, Missouri

40,000 years ago was when music was first created. The oldest instrument is 40,000 years old known as the Divje Babe Flute. From 40,000 years ago til now 2023 music is still really popular. Music is kown to bring people together from different race, to different cultures to diffrent countries. You can express your self through music and instruments you can play a song on what emotion you are feeling a that time or that day. 

Artistes and performers also expresses them selves through their dancing and songs. I personally love music if i was talented in singing or making in any kind of musc I would most definitely make music. My first time listening to music is when i was in the car with my mom. She plays alot of old school hip-hop artist and R&B artist like biggie smalls, tupac, tina turner, Mary J Blige, keisha cole, I could realy write a whole two page list on artist but the first time it was played i fell in love because everything is well put together like all the beats and cords its really a vibe.Music became popular in the 1930’s with something called swing. 

Two aritsist that goes the by the names of bing crosby and frank sinatra sang with big swing bands. Later on in their careers they both became solo artists. The 1940’s swing atund and the world have been introduced to rhythm and blues (R&B) it also begin in african- american communities sung by black gospel singers and jazz and blues. The 1950’s roll arond and you have rock and roll that have been introduce into the world with it being more louder and exciting type of pop music, mostly with artist that are rebellious teenagers and their teen love storys. Hip-Hop begins in the 1970’s born in new york city “the big apple” in the housing projects, hip-hp created a new form of expressions and excitement in music like from artist like LL Cool J and DJ Kool. 

2017 we have the most recent genre of music called bedroom pop wich is when you create music from your bedroom and you post your music online music created mainly by young people like , Billie Elish, and Girl in Red.