Why I Write | Teen Ink

Why I Write

By Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas
Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas

There are no regrets in my life; because there is no time for mistakes. -(ME) Katie quote

I write because I am too quiet to speak. I write because I want someone to listen, to hear me talk. I write to fill the void that lies within me. I write to animate my thoughts, to give them a voice of their own. I write to shed light on what lies beneath my cracked shell. I write because I know it’s what makes me happy. I write to let everyone know what goes on inside my mind. I write to live. I write to breath. I write because it’s all I need, because it’s all I want. I write because it is my passion. I write because that is where I can let go of the lies and the rumors and the pain; that is where it can all flow and form into words and phrases that explain it all. I write to let go and relax. I write for peace. I write for love. I write for happiness. I write for me.

WriterGirl08 PLATINUM, Ghaziabad, Other

In my mind, I can climb intricate scaffolds of words to reach the highest ceiling of the cathedral and paint my thoughts. But when I open my mouth, it all collapses.
- Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies

Hey, I feel the same way :)

Just telling you, you're not alone :)