12 Foods of Christmas | Teen Ink

12 Foods of Christmas

January 11, 2010
By Jordan McEvoy SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Jordan McEvoy SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Recently, it was announced that Arrowhead has the largest Key Club in the world. Key Club is an organization that allows students to get involved in their communities and do local community service projects. On Saturday December 19, Key Club will be hosting a scavenger hunt at Arrowhead to collect food for the less fortunate from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Students should organize themselves into groups of up to five or six people with a designated driver. After assembling at Arrowhead, students should venture off with their team to different neighborhoods in the area and go door to door requesting nonperishable food items. At 12:00 p.m., students should be back at Arrowhead and the teams with the most items win prizes. Prizes include t-shirts, and school apparel. Also, hot chocolate and cookies will be served after the event.

“I’m really excited,” says junior Adam. “It’s awesome that I can help people and have fun at the same time.”

Overall, 12 Foods of Christmas is an occasion worth attending. Students don’t have to be Key Club members to attend and can have a good time with friends while helping the needy. Last year, over 6,000 items were collected. Hopefully, this year Arrowhead can surpass this astounding amount and continue their reputation of helpfulness.