Graphs, Charts, and Statistics | Teen Ink

Graphs, Charts, and Statistics

By Alpha-Lyrae GOLD, Toronto, ON, Other
Alpha-Lyrae GOLD, Toronto, ON, Other

"I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." -Galileo Galilei
"In the Beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Herman(monotone):This article is on graphs, charts………
Ininin: statistics ………
Herman(monotone): and data. A graph is a chart or drawing that shows the relationship between changing things. They are diagrams displaying the relationship between numbers or amounts. Common graphs use bars, lines, or parts of a circle to display data. Graphs can be used to illustrate many types of data and are not limited to the simpler types such as line, bar, and circle. They should be….
Ininin: Herman, 1. they are not going to understand if you tell them, we should show them! 2. STOP TALKING IN A MONOTONE!!!!!!!
Herman(monotone): That’s a great idea Ininin. (monotone ends) Oh sorry, I mean; that’s a great idea, Alli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And seeing as I randomly have this chart behind me, let’s show them that!
Ininin: That’s a smashing idea Herman. On this chart, which is just here by coincidence, there are 4 different types of graphs and charts utilizing statistics and data.
Herman: One will take information from a story, essay, write-up report etc. and organize it in graphs or charts.
Ininin: We will give you an example……
Herman: ON these 4 charts we have put the countries: China, USA, Japan, United Kingdom and Canada into order by population.
Ininin: This is a line graph………………………………..blablablablabla. This is a bar graph…………………………blablablablabla. This is a pie a chart……………… …………………….blablablablabla. This is a Venn diagram ………………………… blablablablabla.
Herman: Ininin, why don’t we read them this random, essay that is sitting here.
Ininin: That’s a scrumptious idea, Herman.

Right, firstly it isn,t as boring as it sounds. Secondly, this was part of a project I did once.....and ummmm, i really dont know what category this fits into....