Dear God | Teen Ink

Dear God

By maddielissa BRONZE, Wildwood, Missouri
maddielissa BRONZE, Wildwood, Missouri

"It has been my experience that nothing changes a person’s life more than the discovery of one solitary truth: There is a meaning and purpose to life. More specifically: There is a meaning and purpose to your life."

Dear God,

These, in these letters are my feelings…Almost like my opinions on everything. I don’t know what some one would think if they read this. Truly though I’m afraid to find out. What do you think God, should I let someone read this? Should I let someone inside of me? If so send me some sort of sign that a person, living and breathing actually cares. Questions on this Universe are endless. I wonder what others feel. To ask them though, would have to mean I’d have to tell them mine.
I laughed today, not just for the heck of it but it was actual happy laughing, that’s progress right? I may be starting to come to happiness. You know though…should I fall into that trap again? Usually when I’m happy something goes wrong. I guess, I’m going to be sad sometimes anyway so being happy is worth the pain. I know one thing that’s not happiness though; boredom. Being bored is something valueless and obviously a waste of time. Teens can change being bored, and not allow it to happen. We can get up off our lazy butts and do something we like to do. If others don’t like to do anything….then it really sucks for them. Surely they should be able to find something to do at all times! Come on, teens…do me a favor and don’t spend every hour of your waking day sitting on your couch watching television, or sitting on your bed texting someone. Does that accomplish anything, I mean think about it, and wouldn’t you have wanted to be doing something else at that moment.

There is also a factor of obsession in our world, not just any obsession but a CRUSH. A daily thing we teenagers do. You can be sitting around thinking about the certain person all the time, its wasteful! If someone likes you they can come up and tell you it themselves. Otherwise, why not do something if you have a crush like, tell them how you feel? And if they don’t feel the same way that’s their loss. Everyone on earth is unique, and it’s good to take chances, risks? Try new things and get to know someone. Some people aren’t willing to take them. You get shot down, and you move on; that’s just how it goes… if its love, then it will take its own course. Anyways, I became closer to you today. I know that’s not much to say, but it’s true. I am starting to realize each day how you incorporate yourself into my life. You really are there aren’t you?
What I mainly learned about today was teamwork, and how little of it we teenagers have. We all want to think about what’s best for ourselves, never really what is best for others. I don’t get it. I guess we are all just jealous of each other. Though, each of us have a trait to be jealous of maybe, not even one but multiple traits. Looks is a main factor in jealousy. I mean, if you think about it, what is the one thing a day you spend countless hours doing even when you’re not trying? It’s making yourself look better. You may not be standing in front of a mirror, but you could also be pointing out your perfections, fixing something on your outfit, or combing your fingers through your hair. Does it really matter how you look? It matters more to me who I am. Sometimes I let looks get the best of me, thinking I’m fat, or comparing the outside view of me to others. Recently, I’ve started comparing myself spiritually, how strong my beliefs are, and how much closer my relationship is with you. Well, got to go…bye.
-
Maddi

(p.s. god, I think I may possibly trust one person…you. But you already knew that right?)

I do these almost daily, completely non fiction. If you like it, comment and I'll add more

on Jun. 21 2010 at 1:09 am
JamieStarr GOLD, Sevierville, Tennessee

o! thats why i love you. :) i love you.

i rele enjoyed this. i felt like your wher me i mean i feel the same way about life as you. Trust, trust is a very hard thing to find between two people. i am 13 and i my self cant find an honest friend. i found one in 6 grade and the next year she told everyone in the school that i wanted to kiss a boy at my school. that really hurt. and how you were talking about teens not wanting to do anything, i see that all the time and americas kids aren't getting there excersizes. so they arent healthy. ican relate to you about looking in the mirror to long cause i do that sometimes. and this has made me realize some of its on the out side but most of its on the inside. THANKS 4 WRITEIN THIS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK;)

maddieliss said...
thank you!!!

BlackKittie SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
nice.its like talking to someone...seeing into thier-your-mind...it reminds me of catcher in the rye.keep at it!

Bassoonkelley GOLD, Tampa, Florida
There's a courageous honesty in your writing, and that's something I definitely admire. The only suggestion I have would be for you to implement more concrete ideas into your work - like explain in detai how you learned about teamwork that day. Describe emotions as colors or sounds or the texture of something. The more images you add to your work, the more relate-able it will be! You definitely have a lot of potential, though :)

on Jun. 3 2010 at 10:19 am
wishicoulddeletemyaccount BRONZE, Saint Louis, Missouri
Yeah, this is really good. It kind of wanders, but so do our thoughts, right? I like it. And I agree with you on a lot of things. Especially trusting... it's so hard.

SmileAndTheWorldWillSmileBack SILVER, Luton, Other

Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable.

Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater. - Albert Einstein

I really admire how you're able to put everything you're thinking into words. It a real talent! If only more people could do this...think of how things would change - especially for teens.

maddielissa BRONZE, Wildwood, Missouri

thank you! not many people have read it yet though..but yeah  thanks (:

irrara12 BRONZE, Columbia, Maryland

not all who wander are lost-jrr tolkien

this is relle relle good