Thieving Monstrosity | Teen Ink

Thieving Monstrosity

By qtepa2ti PLATINUM, Broomfield, Colorado
qtepa2ti PLATINUM, Broomfield, Colorado

Is it possible to perceive myself as a monstrosity to “God’s” creations? Do I not steal the air of others by consuming it myself? Does that make me a thief? If I were to simply become part of the deceased party, more oxygen would be available for others to utilize, thus making me a righteous participant in the belief of the 10 Commandments. “Thou shall not steal.” I would no longer be a crook in Mother Nature’s eyes, nor in “God’s”. Woohoo! Would I get to wear a crown in my coffin, be awarded a trophy for suddenly becoming an outstanding member of society, sacrificing myself for the greater cause, whatever that may be? Oh please say it’s silver and sparkles like Edward Cullen! Maybe to top things off, everybody could cry like him at my funeral too… That’s an idea.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not suicidal, nor do I think I would actually sacrifice myself for anything. I’m selfish. I like being alive. Hey, I’m going to steal your oxygen. Get over it. Thus I could call myself evil, wouldn’t you agree? And sinful. Oh how I do delight in sinning. When I make my way to hell, give me a martini to bathe in. Might as well burn a little hotter, a little brighter, a little more quickly than everybody else while I’m there.

Monsters are precious creatures though, often perceived wrongly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, is it not? To him I’m a monster, to her I’m not. To it I’m a monster, to that I’m not. It all depends on one’s own definition. Renown me a monster, and I’ll be a beast unlike any you’ve laid eyes upon before. Give me a collar or a sign. It should read “Beware: Bites”. Just a fair warning… But if looked upon in a different light, a different angle, a different setting or time or place, maybe I’m thought of as an angel, a blessing in disguise, someone worth showing affection or care. Maybe I’ll be the one thing you need most in your life right now. It just depends on the observer, the seer, the judge.

So what will it be, love? Are you my executioner or my savior? Come hither, let me steal a little air from you, take your breath away. Shall we roar or purr under “God’s” stars tonight?