My World at War | Teen Ink

My World at War

By NeonLovesYou BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
NeonLovesYou BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Whatever Doesn't Kill You Will Haunt You For The Rest Of Your Life" Clint Eastwood Heartbreak Ridge

I have tried to be strong but at this time. Of this Year. Of this upcoming December, I just can’t bear what will happen. My brother, My Niece’s Daddy, My Sister-In-Law’s Husband, My Father’s True Son, He is going to be shipped to Iraq to fight for our country. I cried when my dad told me the news. I feel that right now there will possibly and hopefully not, be an expiration date on my brother’s life. I pray everyday that his Liutenant, The Government, The President, I don’t care who it is. I just pray they will change their mind and not put him in. But you know military procedure. Hardly ever changes. I cry every night before December. I cry as I write this. I just couldn’t stop. I always think back to the time that America wasn’t all violent. When Martin Luther King Jr. or Cesar Chavez was around. When violence never existed in their hearts. When they fought for us. But look at America now. Many crimes such as murders, rapes and thefts. I can never believe that would happen. What kind of GROWN man harasses a 7 year old little INNOCENT little girl? Who could’ve been the next Stephenie Meyer or the Next Miley Cyrus? Which brings me back to my brother. He doesn’t deserve to die but our president. Our LEADER. Is putting these men out in the battlefield to what? Risk their lives for a country that isn’t really worth fighting for? When people have a lot of freedom they choose to do STUPID things. When people start to get their act together, I will start to get WHY my brother is risking his life. I appreciate him fightimg for his families freedom but what about everyone else in America? Of course some, but not all, people thank our troops for saving us but what about the rest? Why, WHY can’t they appreciate not being FORCED into the army, WHY can’t they appreciate not being blown to pieces by a soldier if they think that person is wrong? I just don’t understand why AMERICA’S SOLDIERS have to pay for these people’s crimes?

I just think people should start to appreciate these men who are dying in the battlefield
My brother is about to risk his life in December