More Than Books | Teen Ink

More Than Books

By Robkingett PLATINUM, Tallahassee, Florida
Robkingett PLATINUM, Tallahassee, Florida

When I was little they called me a liar, but now I'm grown up, they call me a writer.

I love you more than I love my books. Your cover is the one thing I look forward to each day. Your leather binding captivates my eye. Your words always keep me turning the pages, wanting more. I love the plot points you reveal to me when we are communicating.

I can't find the words to describe my feelings when I pick you up and begin a new chapter. I love how there are so many verbs in your steps, so many adjectives in each syllable you utter, such deep metaphors in every unspoken thought. I love it when you show me striking flashbacks.

Each night, I set a bookmark so the next morning I can pick up where I left off. Each time a chapter ends, I love turning back the pages to gaze one final time on what a splendid story we made together.

When you make me feel the best I can feel, you are my romance novel. When you make me laugh out loud, you are my satire. When you tell me you love me and I know it's true, you are my short story. I look forward to dwelling in your pages, reading chapter after chapter each day.

I never want to give you up. I never want to place your beautiful story back on the shelf to be replaced by some tragedy. You are, and forever will be, a best-seller in my eyes.