Heartbreak- Nothing Like the Movies | Teen Ink

Heartbreak- Nothing Like the Movies

By HannahElizabeth0221 BRONZE, Winslow, Maine
HannahElizabeth0221 BRONZE, Winslow, Maine

The very worst kind of pain in the world is heartbreak. Sure you can break an arm or a leg and it will hurt and you may have to stay out of physical activity for awhile. But that’s physical pain. It’s absolutely nothing compared to emotional pain. With physical pain you’re still at least happy deep down even if the pain is taking up most of your thinking. After suffering a heartbreak, specifically a breakup, you can feel so alone and like nothing in the world could make you happy again. It’s a deep kind of pain and surprisingly easy to hide from other people. Even if you’re wearing a happy face, on the inside you’re curled up in a ball crying your eyes out, and that is how you end up when you aren’t around others. Contrary to popular belief not thinking about it isn’t possible. You can’t seem to get your mind off of it for any amount of time. Even your dreams are filled with the person who broke you inside. Even if you don’t want to get back together with the person you cant help thinking what would’ve happened had you not broken up. If they would’ve liked a new shirt or dress you buy, what they’d have thought of a new band you started liking, or even if they would have taken you to the fair or to a certain movie you wanted to see. Music hardly helps because just as you’ve found a song that makes you feel better another one comes on that reminds you of the person. Music isn’t the only thing that triggers memories. It can be something as small as a movie, a pig, a color, a couch... moving on is near impossible.

I had just been through a breakup when I wrote this. I hope it reveals to people how truly painful it can be.